I thought I started this blog to share my attempt of finding a glimmer of sanity in this mess I call Dallas, Texas, (aka home).
But... plans have changed...a little...at least temporarily.
My boyfriend (ok I'll just give you his name now, because I'm sure he will be a star of my blog) Daniel and I currently reside in artsy, fun, middle-o-everything Deep Ellum. We absolutely adore our neighborhood. We love the restaurants, the bars, the walkability of life and all of our friends who live here. Problem is- we have 2 dogs, live on the 5th floor, and all of us are feeling a little cramped and sunshine deprived.
So... we're moving a short 4 mile drive down the road to North Oak Cliff. We rented a cute little house just one block away from the trendy Bishop Arts District at a monthly rent that is unheard of cheap.
What's the catch?? Well... it needs A LOT of work. Not tear down walls a lot, but paint, total landscaping overhaul, re-varnish the floors, re-caulk the tub work. So while I hoped to share all of the cool things I found to do in Dallas, it turns out, at least for awhile, there wont' be much doing around here except improving someone else's property. Ha. But seriously...
Hope you can laugh along as we tackle renovating a house that doesn't belong to us, on a budget that is more non-existent than tight, with absolutely no idea what we are doing, and continually asking ourselves "WHAT HAVE WE GOTTEN OURSELVES INTO??"
No comments:
Post a Comment